Your preferences will no doubt change in different situations. Consider using these questions and descriptions to help communicate about touch preferences:
- On a 1-10 scale, how much do you enjoy massage?
- What pace do you prefer for stroking?
- Which parts of your body do you like to focus on?
- How deep do you want to be touched and in what areas?
- When pressing deep, how long do you prefer the pressure to last before lifting off? Do you prefer the pressure and release be sudden or slow?
- Is there a sequence to touch that feels safest to you? Starting with the head perhaps?
- What are your boundaries for touch in public?
- What are your boundaries for touch with the same gender?
- What are your boundaries with the opposite gender around touch? How many seconds for a hug? What areas to kiss or stroke are OK?
- Do you prefer silence or words when you are touched?
- Do you prefer to negotiate or enter a sexual relationship without speaking?
- Consider writing down three ideal scenarios for a sexual experience in enough detail that a film producer could accurately use your script to make your ideal sexual film.
Measure Your Relationship
Tools for seeing and being seen